WISE Toronto Board of Directors: Inclusion & Diversity Committee Lead
Women in Sports and Events Toronto (WISE Toronto) is the leading voice and resource for women in the business of sports and events. Through a combination of programming and online tools designed to provoke thought, personal/professional growth and engagement, WISE Toronto works to:
- Empower the professional and personal lives of women;
- Assist women in navigating and accelerating their careers;
- Help women understand and optimize their collective value;
- Foster peer connections; and
- Champion the hiring and advancement of women in the industry
WISE Toronto is accepting applications for an Inclusion & Diversity Committee Lead to join its voluntary Board of Directors for a 3-year term beginning in January of 2021. With a focus on expanding on our Inclusion & Diversity initiatives, this strategic and high impact role will be the lead and champion of our multi-year vision and strategy on inclusion and engagement that connects our WISE members, partners and community.
Reporting directly to the President and Board Chair, you will play a critical role in the further development and communication of WISE Toronto’s holistic inclusion and diversity strategy. You will create and reinforce a broad and deep commitment to build an authentic and engaging culture of diversity, inclusion, awareness, understanding, and cultural competence. You will ensure that the organization operates with the utmost integrity and instinct for inclusion. You will provide guidance and oversight on D&I policies, programs, and practices. You are a can-do flexible self-starter who is willing to create initiatives that leave a lasting impact and are willing to leverage existing relationships to engage the right people to effect outcomes to advance the WISE mission.
- A shared commitment to WISE Toronto’s values and mission
- Excellent communication skills that supports consensus building
- Board experience and governance expertise is an asset
- Executive-level professional experience
- Senior-level experience creating, leading, and championing the inclusion and diversity agenda within an organization
- This Board position is a three-year term (6-8 Board meetings per year)
- Event attendance and outreach to your network
- Potential for event/panel participation
- Participation in the WISE mentorship program
- Interested Candidates should submit a brief letter of interest and their CV to email@example.com.
- The deadline for submission is October 31, 2020
- Should you have any questions regarding the process or require further information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information about WISE you can visit us at https://toronto.wiseworks.org/ or WISE National at wiseworks.org on social at
Please feel free to share this with anyone in your network.